Women with excessively large heavy breasts may experience a number of problems including:
- Neck and back pain
- Skin irritation
- Shoulder indentations from bra straps
- Breathing difficulties
- Self consciousness
Breast reduction is a surgical procedure that reduces the weight and size of a woman’s breasts. While the primary objective is to improve the symptoms associated with excessively large breasts, your Boca Raton breast reduction surgeon will focus on improving the cosmetic appearance of your breasts by improving their shape and contour so that they are in proportion to the rest of your body.
What to expect after breast reduction in Boca Raton
- You will wear a surgical bra following surgery for several weeks and transition to a soft sports bra.
- The swelling in your breasts may take about a month to improve.
- You should be able to return to work within 1-2 weeks.
- Limit strenuous activity for about 4 weeks.
- Your doctor will prescribe medication to control pain.