According to statistics, fat grafting procedures, which involve transferring fat from one body area to another, have been on the rise and show no signs of slowing down. In this blog post, the Plastic Surgery Specialists of Boca Raton discuss some of the benefits of fat transfer.
- Fat grafting is designed to produce more natural-looking results, as opposed to a dramatic transformation. For instance, women who desire a subtle boost in bust size can benefit from fat grafting.
- With fat grafting, patients can achieve a more attractive appearance overall. You can enhance your face or breasts while slimming down other areas like the abdomen, buttocks or thighs.
- Fat grafting procedures are less invasive than other procedures. The procedure uses injections — not incisions — to add volume to the breasts, face and hands.
- The incisions used to remove fat from the donor area are very small, reducing the risk of infection at the injection and incision sites.
- The procedure is hypoallergenic, eliminating some of the risks and concerns that come with facial and breast implants.
- Fat grafting procedures can be cost effective for patients with multiple problem areas. By undergoing a fat grafting procedure, you only pay anesthesia and surgical facility costs once. Undergoing multiple procedures requires paying these fees several times.
About Fat Grafting
The Plastic Surgery Specialists of Boca Raton are leading experts in fat grafting procedures. During treatment, a tiny incision is made on the donor area. The fatty tissue is then removed using liposuction. The fat is cleansed and purified and then re-injected into the treatment area.
Our team uses fat grafting to augment the hands, face and breasts. When used on the face and hands, fat grafting can restore volume lost over time and minimize the appearance of wrinkles and lines. Fat grafting on the breasts can increase the size of and restore shape to naturally small breasts or breasts that have become deflated or lost shape following pregnancy and weight gain.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about fat grafting, including whether it is right for you, schedule a consultation with us. A member of our expert team will meet with you one-on-one to discuss your aesthetic needs and goals to design the best treatment plan for you. Please call the Plastic Surgery Specialists of Boca Raton at (561) 393-6400.